Register And Vote Same Day
North Carolinians can register and vote the same day in-person during North Carolina Early Voting for 2020 Elections. The 2020 Early Voting period for North Carolina Citizens starts Thursday, Oct. 15, and ends Saturday, Oct. 31. Any registered voter or eligible individual in North Carolina may cast an Absentee Ballot (Vote In-Person) during this time. This period is sometimes called “One-Stop Early Voting.” On Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020, voters must vote at their assigned polling place.
While the deadline to register to vote in North Carolina for the 2020 general election was Oct. 9, 2020, during the Same-Day Registration individuals who are not registered to vote in a county may register at Early Voting Sites during the Early Voting Period. After registering, the newly registered voter can immediately vote at that same site. This process is called “Same-Day Registration.”
Early Voting NC
When voting in-person, counties may require Voters to wear a mask as a Coronavirus protection precaution for the safety of all Citizens.
Three Simple Steps To Prep For In-Person Early Voting
- Confirm You Are Registered To Vote: Access Voter Registration Lookup portal and enter the required information to confirm registration.
- View Your Sample Ballot: Registered voters may enter their information into the Voter Sample Ballot Search tool to view their 2020 general election ballot. Please note, you must enter your voter information as there are about 2,000 different ballot styles across the state.
- Find Your Early Voting Sites: View early voting sites and schedules in your county with the One-Stop Early Voting Site Search. Hours and dates will appear after you click on the location.
Vote By Mail
North Carolina offers an Absentee Mail-in Ballot option for Citizens. The process, like Early Voting, may differ by county. Be sure to access your county-specific information and follow instructions to the letter.
- Confirm Voter Registration: You must be registered to vote to receive an absentee ballot by mail. Access voter Voter Registration Lookup
- Request Absentee Ballot: For eligibility requirements and process access Absentee Ballot Request Portal
- View Ballot Request Form: North Carolina Absentee Ballot Request Form.
- Track Your Mail-In Ballot Status: Track your ‘Mail-In’ Ballot at North Carolina Ballot Trax
DEADLINES | NORTH CAROLINA ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST FORM TUESDAY OCTOBER 27, 2020-5:00 P.M.
Statement About Absentee Ballot Security in North Carolina
There have been many unfounded accusations regarding the integrity and safety of mail-in ballots. In response, North Carolina Election Officials have offered voters a statement and a list of “12 reasons why absentee by-mail voting is safe and secure”. Review their statement and 12 facts about absentee ballot security in North Carolina.
Information Source: Excerpts links copied directly from the North Carolina Board Of Elections website pages.